: New Volunteer Training
You can help in the preservation, recovery and stewardship of Hawaii’s endangered and threatened marine species.
Are you interested in joining our Field Response Team? Or, do you want to help on our Education & Outreach or our Dispatch & Reporting Team?
To help on any of our volunteer teams, there is a 4-step process:
(1) If you have not already done so, please complete the online volunteer application form HERE.
(2) Next, attend our orientation class. The next class has not been scheduled. If you complete the online form listed above you will be sent an email invitation for the next class but you must RSVP to attend the class as they fill up quickly.
(3) Following the orientation class and at your convenience you will review training material and complete an online quiz covering the content taught in the orientation class.
(4) Once the online test has been successfully completed, we’ll arrange for you to receive “on the job” training to actually perform volunteer duties. That way, you’ll be confident, effective and have the most fun possible while helping in species preservation and recovery.
DETAILS ON THE NEXT ORIENTATION CLASS
- Field Response Orientation Class – NOT YET SCHEDULED. Classes start at 5:30 pm SHARP so please give yourself extra time for traffic and parking.
- Location: Pearl City Public Library (meeting room). 1138 Waimano Home Road, Pearl City, HI 96782 (See map below). The meeting room entrance is to your immediate right as you come through the library main door.
- An RSVP is required to attend the orientation as our orientation classes fill up quickly.
Please email your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and just say “I’m coming.” Our orientation classes fill up quickly so please RSVP as soon as possible.
In this orientation, we will cover the natural history, conservation status and species recovery plan for one of the most endangered marine mammals on earth – the Hawaiian monk seal. You’ll learn about our organization’s roles and activity, volunteer expectations and we will share some real-world scenarios of what it’s like to be a volunteer for Hawaii Marine Animal Response.
There is parking next to the library building. Please give yourself extra time for traffic and to find a parking spot.
The orientation will run for about 2 hours and 15 minutes. Please be on time. The session begins at 5:30 pm sharp so give yourself some extra time for traffic and parking.
You must RSVP for the class. Please email your RSVP to email@example.com and just say “I’m coming.” Your RSVP is very important to make sure we have training materials ready for all participants.
Here is a map showing the location for the new volunteer orientation class: